Monday, December 17, 2007

Sad news

A lot has happened in the past few days. Friday the 14th our youngest little boy Donaven died. He died from SIDS. There was no warning we simply awoke to find him dead. He was 7 weeks old. I'm so grateful for the time we shared with him. he was such a cute little boy and we miss him greatly. At this time we are doubly grateful for his big brother Xen. He helps us smile when we are felling down. This is easily the hardest thing I have ever dealt with, but our family and friends are really a great support at this time. His funeral is going to be tomorrow, Tuesday the 18th.


Thank you to everyone who is pulling together to help us get through this. This experience is bringing us closer together, and to god. He is taking care of our little boy this Christmas. We will miss him for a long time, but he will always be our little boy, and I know we will see him again. I had a real struggle in the first hours. Shay and some friends saw me at my absolute worst. After piecing my self back together I've been okay for the most part. Every so often I see something that reminds me of him, and I have a little cry. Our family and friends are really pulling through for us. Knocks at the door and phone calls have slowed to about once every couple hours.

Thanks again,
Spinal out

1 comment:

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

I love you so much. What a wonderful father and husband you are. I only wish we were closer. What are you reading these days?